I believe that there is a light inside every human. But sometimes, the darkness overtakes the light… and they lose their way.
Right now, in this moment, all humans are united in thinking about the same thing – the virus. We’re more consciously connected than ever before in human history. Now is the time to take that connected consciousness and turn it from fear to love. When we do that, the old divisions will crumble and we will step more fully into the new earth.
Ultimately, the darkness is no match for the light. So keep shining your lights, my friends. Keep pumping kindness and compassion into the world. Keep replacing fear with love. Do this not from a place of self-sacrifice, but from a place of heart-centered empowerment. In the end, goodness will prevail.
I’m coming out of hibernation! On March 21st at 7pm, I’ll be leading a meditation class at The Barn, 2011 Bennett Road in Victor, NY. This is a chance for us to get together, reset our energy, and get ready for spring.
This will be a donation-based class. There is no need to pre-register. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me here. Hope to see you soon!
Self-care is super important. With the spring equinox approaching, what better time to give your physical and energy bodies a boost? Here are a few things that work for me. Maybe you’d like to give them a try!
- Drink lots of water. I’m rarely without a water glass beside me. If I get caught up in life and neglect my water intake, the physical toll seems immediate. Water has so many benefits, I won’t go into it all here. If you get tired of just plain water, try muddling in some cucumber slices, fresh mint, or your fruit of choice.
- Eat when you’re hungry. Let your body tell you when to take in food, rather than your emotions or an arbitrary schedule. (I know this can be difficult with our overly-scheduled lives, but that’s another area to take a look at.) Small portions of fresh foods help me feel my best.
- Balance movement and stillness. Again, listen to your body. If it wants to move, do whatever activity you enjoy, be it yoga, hiking, dancing, or whatever! If it wants to rest, give yourself the gift of a few moments’ stillness. Finding the right balance for you is what’s important.
- Meditate. Much of this site is dedicated to meditation. The benefits are plentiful. Even if you start with just a few minutes a day, establishing a daily meditation practice can help you physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- Follow your inner guidance. As your meditation practice deepens, you’ll begin to notice guidance coming through when you meditate. Listen to it. When appropriate, act on it. Listening to your Self is one of the healthiest habits you can develop.