I wrote this meditation last fall. At the time, it felt like a good one for spring, so I held it back rather than putting it out there right away. I had no idea that we’d be so in need of refreshing our homes right now. Funny how things fall into place.
Before I meditate – or any time I feel the need to clear my energy field – I do this quick process.
- Close my eyes and take a deep breath or two.
- Envision my energy reaching down to connect with Gaia’s energy (while saying or thinking the word “connected”).
- Envision my energy reaching up to connect with the universal/divine energy (while repeating the word “connected”).
- Feel myself surrounded by my own energy and that of my spirit team (while saying “surrounded”).
- Feel myself protected by my higher self – the part of me that has the bigger picture and can therefore guide me (while saying “protected”).
Try it with me. Take a deep breath or two. Let your body release the tension we tend to carry. Say or think:
Connected (picture your energy connecting with Gaia).
Connected (picture your energy connecting with the universe).
Surrounded (feel yourself surrounded by your own energy and that of your spirit team).
And protected (feel yourself supported by your own higher self).
Doesn’t that feel great? It takes less than a minute, but has a big impact – grounding, clarifying, and empowering you.